22 Mar Pitaya Smoothie Bowl
Pretty in pink: Easy Pitaya bowl you can make at home
I love acai bowls, Pitaya bowls, and smoothie bowls of any kind but spend a small fortune buying them out because I didn’t think I could make them at home and be as satisfied. Boy was I wrong! I made this bowl this weekend and am still drooling over how good it was.
- 1 PitayaPlus Dragonfruit Smoothie Pack (you can find these at Sprouts, Whole Foods etc.)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 small handful Trader Joe’s Coconut Chips
- 1 or 2 fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/2 – 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 tbsp Trader Joe’s Organic Blue Agave Sweetener
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
How to make it:
- Blend PitayaPlus pack, 1/2 banana, mango, strawberries, milk/almond milk and agave until smooth
- Pour into bowl and top with chia seeds, second half of banana, strawberries, blackberries and coconut chips
Drizzle on some agave to finish it off:
TA-DA! Easy, delicious, HOMEMADE Pitaya bowl that didn’t cost $8. Score.
If you’ve never tried Pitaya before, DO IT. The color is amazing – bright pink – and it tastes great. More commonly known as Dragon Fruit, Pitaya is not as sweet as acai, but when it’s blended with other fruits and agave it has just the right amount of sweetness. Pitaya is packed with goodness for your body including fiber, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, vitamin B, and magnesium. I love the ones by PitayaPlus because they’re Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO, and have no preservatives or added sugar. Sounds like it’s up to my high foodie standards 🙂
If you’re someone who thinks, “I could never get full from a smoothie bowl,” think again my friend. This bowl will keep you going because its packed with nutrients, potassium and fiber. You can also add granola on top or blend with oats to give some extra carbs.
Check it out and let me know what you think!