15 Mar Heart-Healthy Oatmeal with Berries and Trader Joe’s Seed Blend
I’m kind of obsessed with oatmeal but after this one I am fully obsessed. It keeps you full because it’s packed with fiber and keeps your heart happy because it’s whole-grain. I think I could eat it every day… Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup milk or water
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 cute lil strawberry (or more)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (orrr more)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or seed blend – I used Trader Joe’s “Super Seed & Ancient Grain Blend,” which includes sprouted buckwheat, sprouted millet, chia seed, golden flax seed, red quinoa, shelled hemp seed, amaranth)
Here’s how to make this beaut
Step 1: To start you’ll need to whip up your oatmeal, whether that’s on the stove or in the microwave, do what you gotta do to get the creamy oatmeal goodness going. Once you have that, top it with the blueberries and a strawberry:
Step 2: sprinkle on the chia seeds
Step 3: sprinkle on the good stuff aka brown sugar (or douse with sugar you know you want to)
Ok how good does that look?? I promise it tastes even better.